Best Hikes in Australia and How to Prepare for It
Check Out These 3 Best Hikes
Hello Explorers! Whether hiking is a spiritual journey on foot or an outdoor self-care ritual for you, every time you come back from your hiking trip, you discover something new within yourself. The joy of being so close in nature stays with you for a long time. If you are looking for your next adventure, consider these three best hikes in Australia for a personal and memorable encounter with nature.
1. Mount Gower, Lord Howe Island, New South Wales
This is a World Heritage-listed island on the north coast of New South Wales. After 875-metre-high Mount Gower, you can enjoy the panoramic views that stay with your heart for a long time. To make the 14 kilometres round trip as convenient as possible, you should take guided walks, regardless of your best hiking experience and history. It will also help you gain better insight into the island’s unique ecology and natural history.
2. Bondi to Coogee Coastal Walk, New South Wales
If you are looking for a convenient coastal city hike, then visit Sydney’s Bondi beach and start your ocean-view adventure. Among the great walks in Australia, this can be one of the easiest. The famous Sydney hikes only take two to three hours to complete, and it’s suitable for all, from beginners to children. The walk will include exploring all the beautiful beaches of Sydney, such as Tamarama, Bronte, Clovelly, and Coogee. If you are in Sydney and experience the city’s best hikes and culture, go for Boni to Coogee coastal walk.
3. Larapinta Trail, Northern Territory
This one of the best hiking tracks in Australia to experience the quintessential Aussie outback. Larapinta Trail is among Australia’s best walks, with 223 kilometres long track. It is recommended only for experienced hikers as it can take up to 14 days to successfully complete the trip. For beginners and inexperienced hikers, there are options of choosing from 12 separate sections as per their time constraints and ability. Authentic guided tours are highly recommended as the location is remote, and the climate can be harsh.
How to Prepare for These Great Walks in Australia?
Whether your next adventure is at one of the above-mentioned best hiking locations or in any other part of Australia, there are certain things that you should do as part of the preparation.
- Start working out. You need to strengthen your upper and lower body muscles. Aerobic exercises, strength training, and flexibility and stability training will help you prepare your body to survive in harsh conditions.
- If your job requires you to sit for hours in front of a computer, you should start walking daily. Start with a daily 20 to 30-minute walk.
- There are several touring companies that can help you with your hiking trip arrangements. Find a genuine company that can help you with accommodations and other guidance.
- You should tell your friends or family members where you are going. In case you get lost in the woods, they can track your trails and find you.
- One of the most important things to do while preparing for a hike is to gear up properly. Your shopping list should include a Wide Brim hat, hiking shoes, sticky anti-blister tape, tents, a quality backpack, a foul weather jacket, a torch, a first aid kit, and other essential items.
For the best hiking experience in Australia, Kakadu Traders Australia offers a stylish range of outerwear, hats, bags and accessories to provide convenience for hiking and other outdoor activities. Our products are manufactured using the finest quality materials and designed to provide required comfort and protection for tough hiking trips.50 years on and still under the watchful eyes of the Whillas family, Kakadu Traders Australia supplies tough, reliable products worldwide.
Now you not only know the best hikes in Australia and how to prepare yourself for the trip, but also Australia’s one the few trusted hiking suppliers.
Choose your destination and gather beautiful life experiences. Happy Exploring!